Angel Acres Horse Haven Rescue

Angel Acres Horse Haven Rescue
Angel Acres Website

Friday, October 2, 2009

This is beautiful - written by Patty Barnhart

When I am Old...(this is me now - minus the social security!)

I shall wear diamonds And a wide brimmed straw hat
With silver and leather on it and I shall spend my social security
On white wine and carrots

And sit in the alley of my barn
And listen to my horses breathe.
I will sneak out in the middle of a summer's night And ride the chestnut mare Across the moonstruck meadow. If my old bones will allow.

When people come to call I will smile and nod As I walk them past the gardens to the barn And show, instead, the beauty growing there In stalls fresh-lined with straw.
I will shovel and sweat and Wear hay in my hair as if it were a jewel. And I will be an embarrassment to all Who look down on me.


They've not yet found the peace in being free
To love a horse as a friend, A friend who waits at midnight hour
With nuzzle and nicker and patient eyes
For the kind of woman I will be When I am Old.

Written by Patty Barnhart

No comments: