Angel Acres Horse Haven Rescue

Angel Acres Horse Haven Rescue
Angel Acres Website

Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's like being a little bit pregnant, now isn't it?

My response to an information request from American Horse Protection Association...

1000 29th Street
washington, District Of Columbia 20007
Phone: 202-965-0500
Fax: 202-965 -9621

Maybe some calls from our readers can get an answer...read on...


Dear Diana,
> >
> > Thank you for emailing us about the list.
> >
> > I tried to contact you to get additional information but
> > did not hear back. One of our volunteers tried also but got
> > no response.
> >
> > My question is this - is your group pro slaughter or anti
> > slaughter? When I spoke with you last month, you indicated
> > that the AHPA board would have to address my question. As of
> > today, I have not
> > gotten your response to my question.
> >
> > Angel Acres Horse Haven Rescue is ANTI SLAUGHTER. There is
> > no middle stance on this issue as I am sure you are aware.
> > You are either pro slaughter or anti slaughter. When I am
> > asked what Angel Acres' stand is on horse slaughter, we
> > promptly answer anti slaughter, no discussion or board
> > meeting needed.
> >
> > Your questionairre form allows for slaughter as an
> > “option to the end result of a rescued horse.” To my
> > knowledge there is no anti-slaughter rescue allowing that
> > possible outcome for any rescued horse. Also, your
> > application form asks if our rescue “sells to kill
> > buyers.” (or something VERY worded similar)
> >
> > From the above questions one would be led to believe that
> > your organization is pro slaughter.
> >
> > As I mentioned earlier, Angel Acres is against slaughter.
> > Should the above
> > statement be correct, and your group is pro slaughter, we
> > would like to be removed from your list immediately. Our
> > organization works
> > tirelessly to save horses and raise awareness about the
> > need for horse rescue.
> >
> > Horses are an American icon and should never be in danger
> > of slaughter.
> >
> > Jo Deibel
> > Angel Acres Horse Haven Rescue
> > www.saveahorsenow.org
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

No comments: